Let’s get into nature and enjoy the cool and colorful fall season in New England! An easy hike around the large Middlesex Fells reservoir on wide, well-manicured, rolling, soft pine-covered trails. Dogs optional, on-leash dogs welcome!
- When: Sunday, 1 October @ 10.00 am. Approx 2 hr hike, including stops to the enjoy vista views.
- Where: Middlesex Fells Reservation State Park, @ Sheepfold Dog Park. Address: Fells Path, Stoneham, MA 02180
- Meeting location: Sheepfold Dog Park at the top parking lot, just before entering the meadow. Look for Heather with a black 60lb puppy and a blue Columbia T-Shirt and hat.
- Parking: Plenty of free parking in lots at the park. Suggest arriving by 9.30 am, just in case there is a line for parking.
- Bring: Water for you, and lots of water and clean up bags for your dog.
- Hike Distance: Approx 3 miles.
- Dog info: On-leash hiking on trails. As a plus, dogs can play off-leash in the meadow if they would like a longer run after the hike.
- Weather rain check: Check Columbia’s Boston Alumni Facebook group the morning of 1 Oct if there is inclement weather, in case we need a weather rain check for a future weekend. Unless there is a major storm, we will be out hiking and having fun!